Alcohol Screening Quiz
Directions: Answer each questions with a YES or NO.
1. Do you lose time from work due to drinking?
2. Is drinking making your home life unhappy?
3. Do you drink because you are shy with other people?
4. Is drinking affecting your reputation?
5. Have you ever felt remorse after drinking?
6. Have you had financial difficulties as a result of drinking?
7. Does your drinking make you careless of your families welfare?
8. Do you turn to inferior companions and environments when drinking?
9. Has your ambition decreased since drinking?
10. Do you crave a drink at a definite time daily?
11. Do you want a drink the next morning?
12. Does drinking cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
13. Has your efficiency decreased since drinking?
14. Is drinking jeopardizing your job or business?
15. Do you drink to escape from worries or trouble?
16. Do you drink alone?
17. Have you ever had a loss of memory as a result of drinking?
18. Has your physician ever treated you for drinking?
19. Do you drink to build up your self-confidence?
20. Have you ever been to a hospital or institution on account of drinking?
The above quiz was developed by the Office of Health Care Programs at Johns Hopkins University.
If you answer three (3) or more of the above questions with a “YES” there is a strong possibility that your drinking patterns are detrimental to your health and that you may be alcohol dependent.